Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Getting the Job Done

Working as a manager, I find myself often thanking the team that I work with for a job well done. There are not too many days that go by where we find ourselves pressured from the demands of the job and fighting to get deadlines met. Often, it requires long shifts and sleep deprived nights.

Jack is a happy little boy that is full of energy but he doesn't like to sleep for long periods of time. Often, he sleeps for 2 or 3 hours at a time. Many people have given us lots of suggestions, but for now, we find that he is up every few hours. 
Because my wife is breast feeding, there is not much I can do to help except change a few diapers. To be honest, I'm probably more in the way then a helpful as my wife is much more efficient when it comes to Jack's late night routines. She can manage to feed him, change him and get him back to sleep faster than I can get him out of his sleeper to get at his diaper. She's just good like that. 

This brings me back to my original thought. Often, I notice the job well done but how often am I as quick to say thank you for what she does every night as I am to say thank you at work? She has sleep deprived nights, long shifts and stressful days. Hmmmm ... Sounds familiar. 

Guys, take the time to be grateful for all the hard work that your wife does every day. It kind of ties in with my "Little Things" blog from a couple days ago. Give recognition where it is do and remember, she is the reason why you're able to be somewhat coherent at work the next day. 

Side note: to all the dads who are getting up and helping where you can, keep up the great work. Giving her the opportunity to sleep (although she probably really doesn't) while you take a shift is a great way of saying thank you. Just don't forget to verbalize it from time to time. 

So to my sleep deprived, hard working and beautiful wife ... Thank you. I appreciate all you do each and every day.


And that's a fact, Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment